Fire Products Direct 36m Fire Hose Reel provide a reasonably accessible and controlled supply of water to a fire to extinguish it. All Fire Products Direct Fire Hose Reels comply with Australian Standard
Fire Hose Reels use a variety of natural and synthetic fabrics in their construction. These materials allow the hoses to be stored wet without rotting and to resist the damaging effects of exposure to sunlight and chemicals. Modern hoses are lighter weight and this has helped reduce the physical strain on fire fighters.
Having a fire hose reel allow easily approach the location of the fire in case of an accident. In case of fire, it is not necessary to set up a very long hose. Also, the hose reel gives a controlled stream of water to the source of fire. A red round 36-metre long fire hose reel is the most common. It has 19mm semi-rigid round tube fixedly attached to a wall. In the whole world, this kind is preferred by firemen. It is more convenient and accessible to them to get into the location of the fire.
A fire hose reel should be able to readily provide a good flow of water and since it will be spending a good amount of its lifetime unused, make sure to inquire about the wear and tear of the product.
Like any other equipment, hose reels have to be checked regularly for determination of irregularities like the need for replacement.
Fire Products Direct Fire Hose Reel 36 Metre Swing Arm: Hose length: 36 metres / Hose Diameter: 19mm / Included: mounting bracket, high quality brass twist nozzle, inlet pipe, ball valve, hose guide and connection fitting
Fire hose reel is located at strategic places in buildings to provide a reasonably accessible and controlled supply of water for fire extinguishing.Fire hose reel systems consist of pumps, pipes, water supply and hose reels located strategically in a building, ensuring proper coverage of water to combat a fire.
36m Fire Hose Reel & 50m Fire Hose Reel manually operated and activated by opening a valve enabling the water to flow into the hose that is typically 30 meters away. The system pressure loss will activate the pump ensuring adequate water flow and pressure to provide a water jet of typically a minimum of 10 meter from the nozzle.
- Turn on the stop valve
- Run out the length of the hose as required
- Turn on the water at the nozzle, direct the stream at base of fire
- Ensure you leave a direct egress path between you and the nearest exit door/ egress route
What are the different sizes of fire hose?
Fire Hose Reel 36m – 50m – 36m Stainless Steel
Where fire hose reels are to be located?
- Fire hose reels must be located within 4m of an exit. Sometimes it is not possible to provide the system coverage with hose reels located near exits, in these cases, it is permissible to locate extra fire hose reels “in the paths of travel to an exit”
- Generally, separate hose reels are to be provided for each storey of the building. In some restricted cases a multistorey sole occupancy unit may be served by a single fire hose reel located at the entrance/exit level.
- A fire hose reel should not be located such that it is required to take the hose through a fire or smoke door to fight a fire. Again, there are limited exceptions to this rule.
- Fire hose reels need to be clearly marked with white letters on a red sign located 2m or more above the floor. Operating signage need to be visible within 2m of the reel.
- The hose and hydrant valve need to be accessible and not obstructed by furniture. The design needs to consider how the hose will be unreeled and the height of the reel needs to be within regulated limits (1.4-2.4m)
- Fire hose reels need to be mounted robustly. The mounting must not only support the weight of the apparatus but also the forces applied by the fire-fighting occupant pulling on the hose. External fire hose reels need to be protected by a cabinet.
- If there is insufficient pressure available a water storage tank and/or a pump must be installed to boost the hydrant pressure
Anyone should be trained in how to use fire extinguisher and it is also essential that the right type of extinguisher is used for the fire. Choosing the wrong type of extinguisher can have life-threatening consequences
4.5Kg ABE Dry Chemical Powder Fire extinguishers should not be used by people who have not been trained. Before tackling a fire with a fire extinguisher make sure you or someone else has raised the fire alarm and that you have a safe evacuation route.
Using the correct type of extinguisher for the fire, use the four-step PASS technique.
- Pull: Pull the pin, this will break the tamper seal.
- Aim: Aim low, pointing the nozzle or hose at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze: Squeeze the handle to release the extinguishing agent.
- Sweep: Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire, the fuel source, until the fire is out.
If you cannot put out the fire or if the extinguisher becomes empty, evacuate yourself and everyone in the building immediately, closing all doors behind you as you go and ensure the fire brigade has been called.
- 2l Wet Chemical Powder Fire Extinguisher2L Wet Chemical Fire Extinguisher Online Wholesale Direct Fire Products Direct 2l Wet Chemical Fire Extinguisher best suitable for Class F fires (cooking oil and deep-fat fryer), kitchen is one area where there […]
- Fire BlanketFire Products Direct – Fire Blanket Online Fire blankets aren’t just for use in the kitchen, consider keeping one near your electrical equipment, or in the garage or any oil storage location. Grease […]
- Fire Extinguisher BracketsVehicle & Wall Brackets – Fire Extinguishers Fire extinguisher brackets can help make mounting extinguishers easier and simpler. Just make sure that you buy a good quality bracket that can give optimum protection […]
3.5Kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher (Carbon Dioxide) is used on class B (Flammable Liquid) & E (electrical) fires. This type of extinguisher is suitable for use on fires involving burning liquids, but is also a good solution for quenching fires involving computer equipment and other electrical appliances, as it does not cause damage to the electrical items and does not cause the system to short circuit.
3.5Kg CO2 CO2 fire extinguisher is the only model that is recommended for a fire that involves electrical equipment. This is due to the fact the carbon dioxide gas is non-conductive and that once it has been discharged does not produce or leave any kind of residue as would happen if a powder or foam model was deployed. Another great use of the CO2 extinguisher is on Class B fires that involve flammable liquids, making this quite a versatile product….Learn More