High Performance 4.5kg ABE Dry Chemical Powder
Fire Products Direct High Performance 4.5kg ABE Dry Chemical Powder Fire Extinguisher is multi-purpose fire extinguisher for use in commercial and mine specific vehicle, where space is at a premium. High Performance 4.5kg ABE Dry Chemical Powder can also be used in small, medium and large industrial units, workshops, large shop areas and offices.
High Performance 4.5kg ABE Dry Chemical Powder complete with hose and standard wall bracket. Brand new, Australian Standards approved, Mines Compliant includes wall bracket and maintenance tag.
Dry powder fire extinguishers are the most flexible fire extinguisher types and are able to extinguish Flammable solids, liquids, gasses and electrical fires. These are often recommended for use on vehicles and in the home, but although they are multi purpose, powder fire extinguishers are not recommended for use in enclosed spaces, or on sensitive electrical equipment if other more suitable types of extinguisher are available. For fires caused by flammable liquids and gases, the most suitable fire equipment would be dry powder fire extinguishers. These standard safety devices are safe to use on most types of fires, classified as class A, B and E. Since powder is its main component, this type of extinguisher works well in substances such as fat, oil, grease, butane and paint.
4.5Kg of High Performance (90% MAP)Dry Chemical Powder: Carbon/Wood (A), Oil/Liquids (B) and Electrical Fires (E) / Wall Mounting Bracket / Certified and Approved to Australian Standards / Brand New / FPD Extended Warranty
|Extinguisher Type||4.5Kg High Performance ABE Dry Chemical Powder|
|Operating Pressure||13.5 bar|
|Extinguisher Height||560 mm|
|Cylinder Height||470 mm|
|Cylinder Width||133 mm|
|Cylinder Volume||5.6 L|
|Full Weight||8.1 kg|
|Test Pressure||35 bar|
|Material Valve||Nickel Plated Brass|
|Handel Lever||Stainless Steel 304|
|Finish: Cylinder||Powder Coated Red|
|Standard Approval||AS 1841.5|
|BSI Benchmark No.||BMP 568165|
|ActivFire Certificate No.||Afp-2350|
4.5Kg Dry Chemical Powder Fire Extinguisher has a wide range of use scenarios including the following organic materials:
- Wood and Coal
- Cardboard & Paper
ABE DCP fire extinguisher can also be used on flammable gases, such as Liquid Petroleum, electrical equipment and flammable liquids, such as petrol.
Due to the fact these extinguishers should not be used in an enclosed space, they are mainly recommended for the following types of businesses:
- Garage forecourts
- Welding or flame cutting businesses
- Businesses with large boiler rooms
- LPG dispensing plants
Dry Powder fire extinguishers should not be used in the following scenarios:
- Fires involving electronic equipment over 1000v
- Kitchen fires involving cooking oil
- Fires raging in enclosed spaces.
Fire hose reel is located at strategic places in buildings to provide a reasonably accessible and controlled supply of water for fire extinguishing.Fire hose reel systems consist of pumps, pipes, water supply and hose reels located strategically in a building, ensuring proper coverage of water to combat a fire.
36m Fire Hose Reel & 50m Fire Hose Reel manually operated and activated by opening a valve enabling the water to flow into the hose that is typically 30 meters away. The system pressure loss will activate the pump ensuring adequate water flow and pressure to provide a water jet of typically a minimum of 10 meter from the nozzle.
- Turn on the stop valve
- Run out the length of the hose as required
- Turn on the water at the nozzle, direct the stream at base of fire
- Ensure you leave a direct egress path between you and the nearest exit door/ egress route
What are the different sizes of fire hose?
Fire Hose Reel 36m – 50m – 36m Stainless Steel
Where fire hose reels are to be located?
- Fire hose reels must be located within 4m of an exit. Sometimes it is not possible to provide the system coverage with hose reels located near exits, in these cases, it is permissible to locate extra fire hose reels “in the paths of travel to an exit”
- Generally, separate hose reels are to be provided for each storey of the building. In some restricted cases a multistorey sole occupancy unit may be served by a single fire hose reel located at the entrance/exit level.
- A fire hose reel should not be located such that it is required to take the hose through a fire or smoke door to fight a fire. Again, there are limited exceptions to this rule.
- Fire hose reels need to be clearly marked with white letters on a red sign located 2m or more above the floor. Operating signage need to be visible within 2m of the reel.
- The hose and hydrant valve need to be accessible and not obstructed by furniture. The design needs to consider how the hose will be unreeled and the height of the reel needs to be within regulated limits (1.4-2.4m)
- Fire hose reels need to be mounted robustly. The mounting must not only support the weight of the apparatus but also the forces applied by the fire-fighting occupant pulling on the hose. External fire hose reels need to be protected by a cabinet.
- If there is insufficient pressure available a water storage tank and/or a pump must be installed to boost the hydrant pressure
Anyone should be trained in how to use fire extinguisher and it is also essential that the right type of extinguisher is used for the fire. Choosing the wrong type of extinguisher can have life-threatening consequences
4.5Kg ABE Dry Chemical Powder Fire extinguishers should not be used by people who have not been trained. Before tackling a fire with a fire extinguisher make sure you or someone else has raised the fire alarm and that you have a safe evacuation route.
Using the correct type of extinguisher for the fire, use the four-step PASS technique.
- Pull: Pull the pin, this will break the tamper seal.
- Aim: Aim low, pointing the nozzle or hose at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze: Squeeze the handle to release the extinguishing agent.
- Sweep: Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire, the fuel source, until the fire is out.
If you cannot put out the fire or if the extinguisher becomes empty, evacuate yourself and everyone in the building immediately, closing all doors behind you as you go and ensure the fire brigade has been called.
- Where to Buy 4.5Kg Fire Extinguisher Online?4.5Kg Fire Extinguisher ABE DCP Dry Chemical Powder Fire Extinguisher 4.5kg ABE DCP (Dry Chemical Powder) Fire Extinguisher is a multi purpose fire protection. It is the perfect combination of size, cost and […]
- How & Where to Use 5Kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher?What is 5Kg CO2 Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguisher? 5Kg CO2 Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguisher: Wall Bracket / Maintenance Test Tag / Certified and Approved to Australian Standards / Brand New / FPD Extended […]
- Fire Hose ReelFire Hose Reel: 36m 36m Slim Quickfit 36m Swing Arm 36m Stainless Steel 50m What is Fire Hose Reel? A fire hose reel is a high-pressure hose that carries water to combat a […]
3.5Kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher (Carbon Dioxide) is used on class B (Flammable Liquid) & E (electrical) fires. This type of extinguisher is suitable for use on fires involving burning liquids, but is also a good solution for quenching fires involving computer equipment and other electrical appliances, as it does not cause damage to the electrical items and does not cause the system to short circuit.
3.5Kg CO2 CO2 fire extinguisher is the only model that is recommended for a fire that involves electrical equipment. This is due to the fact the carbon dioxide gas is non-conductive and that once it has been discharged does not produce or leave any kind of residue as would happen if a powder or foam model was deployed. Another great use of the CO2 extinguisher is on Class B fires that involve flammable liquids, making this quite a versatile product….Learn More